About the Position
The salesman is a key member of the company team. At Ted Johnson Propane we have a large database of qualified leads, an in-house marketing department and a strong web presence. The salesman will be trained to analyze the customers’ needs and recommend the best solution. The salesman will have the opportunity to develop new business and recommend product and service enhancements to existing customers. The salesman manages the entire process in such a way that the customer feels that we are a part of their team.
The key deliverable is to increase gallons. To achieve this, these sub-deliverables must be met:
- In the first two weeks, meet with different members of the team and understand the company goals, the team members and their roles, Ted Johnson Propane’s service and solutions offerings, internal sales processes, and the current customer base.
- On an ongoing basis work with the Operations Manager to build and manage an effective sales process, by committing to the Integrity Selling Process.
- Work to understand the potential client’s/prospect’s needs. Implement the proven strategy for uncovering the “real” client pain and providing solutions.
- Document all activity in ACT! on a daily basis. Utilize ACT! contacts, history, opportunities and calendar to manage and track your activity and measure your sales performance.
- Within one month begin meeting with existing customers to learn about the customers’ companies and products, as well as what service/solutions that TJP is currently providing.
- Learn how to call on customers and determine the decision maker in order to close the sale.
- Learn how to use ACT! to update documentation regarding customer interactions “Relationship Routes”.
- Within 45 days, implement TJP’s proven strategy for what industries/companies will be targeted and how to penetrate them.
- Participate in cold calling prospects in targeted industries.
- Get referrals and meet with potential clients.
- Attend 3 industry events to support revenue and expansion goals.
- Ability to engage with current customers by asking questions about their processes to uncover opportunities for new service solutions.
- Demonstrate ability to drive the process with the decision maker and close the sale; NOT by focusing on up front quotes and pricing, rather asking questions to engage the customer.
- Aptitude for learning quickly and thinking on your feet.
- Strong work ethic, with a solid and exceptional character, integrity, and business and personal ethics.
- Comfortable with the sales cycle that could take one month to one year and comfortable selling to business owners.
Certificates & Licenses
- Valid California class C driver’s license and excellent driving record.
- Must demonstrate proficiency in computer skills, including knowledge of MS Office & ACT! By Sage.
Ted Johnson Propane pays a competitive hourly wage plus bonus commensurate with the successful candidate’s background, education and experience. Ted Johnson Propane offers company-paid health benefits for the employee and his or her family, paid sick, vacation & holidays, company sponsored training and employee managed Profit Sharing/401k plan.
Hours: Monday through Friday 8am – 4:30pm
Please email your resume to Alexandria Cesena – firstname.lastname@example.org